Sunday, November 27, 2011

Good Friends

Friendships can be wonderful.

This week I was able to catch up with a dear friend on the phone. We don't get to see each other often, and I miss her. We have been through a lot together, in person and over the miles that separate us most of the time. Another good friend sent me a note this week, and I was touched by her thoughtfulness. We have had some great fun together, and weathered some storms as well. One friend is alive today only in memories...she lost her battle with cancer over 2 years ago. I feel cheated, as do many others, by the loss. I was reminded again today, as I sometimes need to be, that my husband is my best friend. It is easy for us to take each other for granted, but I sure do miss him when he is gone a lot. There's a heart of gold beneath that rough exterior.

I am truly blessed by these friendships and others, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment