Monday, November 28, 2011

Southwestern Pot Pie

I am thankful for squash, in general, but tonight I am especially thankful for butternut squash...in Southwestern Pot Pie...YUM! It is so good that the little bit that was left over will disappear quickly. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to copy the recipe. You can find it, though, at www.bettycrocker.com. The ingredients list may look strange at first, but the flavors work so well together. We just love it...hope you enjoy it some time soon!

So, not all of my posts will be deep and meaningful. This one runs deeper than you might think at first glance, though. I am thankful for the local farmer's market at which I got a great deal on the squash. I am thankful for the time & energy to prepare a good meal. I am thankful for our daughter's help...she chopped the onions and made the salad. I could go on listing the many things connected to tonight's supper for which I am thankful, and that is a wonderful thought. You see, I am thankful that I am thankful. This "attitude of gratitude" feels good and right. It is a habit worth keeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment