Friday, November 25, 2011

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart

Perhaps you remember Madame Blueberry and her trip to "Stuff Mart" in a Veggie Tales from long ago...I was reminded of her again on this "Black Friday.". I actually think of her often. You see, I can sometimes relate to her desire to acquire more stuff to make her happy. I used to have a strong desire to acquire things, especially when I could get a really good deal. It really became a problem for me. I used to go to an auction weekly. I enjoyed the thrill of the hunt and snagging the best bargains of the night. Some of the things filling our home were useful...others, not so much. It became clear that it was a problem when the inability to go to the auction caused a fair amount of anxiety. It is embarrassing to admit, but I was a "shop-a-holic" of sorts. It has been years since I realized my problem, and I am so thankful that my family is now more focused on taking good care of what we've been blessed with, and getting rid of the things we don't need. It has been a prayer focus of mine for quite awhile now, and God is faithful. We have a long way to go, but we have certainly come a long way. As part of this journey, I am beginning a year of thankfulness. I plan to share something I am thankful for each day. So, on this day after Thanksgiving, 2011, I am thankful for God's faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment