Thursday, December 1, 2011

Comfort

As I sit in a big comfy chair and type this on my ipad 2, I am thankful. I don't have to try very hard at all to be comfortable. I am so looking forward to drifting (actually, more like diving) off to sleep in a warm, dry, soft bed. I don't have to wonder about where our next meal is coming from. We all have clean, comfortable clothes to wear tomorrow, and the next day, and the next... Lately I talked with an employee of a local charity and found out that every year they run out of coats, hats, gloves, etc. I suppose I should not have been surprised, but I was. It is very hard for me to imagine what it would be like to be cold, hungry, alone, & helpless. Though I don't like to admit it, I am spoiled...but hopefully not rotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment