Saturday, December 3, 2011

Great Customer Service

It isn't very often that I experience, or even hear about, great customer service. Today, I received most of my order from Christian Book Distributors (www.christianbook.com), but there was a mix-up. One of the CDs I ordered was missing, and a different one was included. I emailed them, wondering how long it would take to hear back from them, especially this close to Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised by their prompt response. They will ship out the correct CD, and the one I received by mistake is ours to keep. This seems to be the proper response, yet it was unexpected. It is sad that we have become accustomed to poor customer service. So, I am thankful for great customer service.

On the flip side, I was reminded tonight that I spend too much time in consumer mode. So much time is spent aquiring stuff, dealing with the stuff we have, and even getting rid of stuff...so that we can get more stuff, of course. I'm feeling the need to spend more time and energy helping those who don't even have what they need. Their "wish list" is made up of things we take for granted every day. I am thankful that we are so blessed, and want to find more ways to help others. I will be praying about this, and I look forward to God's answer(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment